It’s a Mario! On November 29, 2022, Nintendo hosted a Nintendo Direct stream on its YouTube Channels. Nintendo Direct streams are usually held to update fans or make announcements about upcoming video games. This one was different, the 34-minute stream was solely about the upcoming Super Mario Bros. Movie!
During the Nintendo Direct fans got to see interviews from the cast, creators, and developers of the movie. The creator of the game worked in tandem with Illumination Studios, who has been working on the feature film.
In addition to the behind-the-scenes footage, fans were treated to the 2nd trailer for the film. No worries, you don’t have to watch all the direct to see the trailer. You can watch in below.
The Cast Includes:
- Chris Pratt as Mario
- Anya Taylor-Joy as Princess Peach
- Charlie Day as Luigi
- Jack Black as Bowser
- Keegan-Michael Key as Toad
- Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong
- Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong
- Sebastian Maniscalco as Foreman Spike
- Charles Martinet as a Suprise Cameo
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek
The movie will be released on April 7, 2023 (United States) and April 28, 2023 (Japan).